Psychotherapy - an Introduction
Here you can get the presentation and also find references to some articles touched upon in the presentation.
Psychotherapy Overview Presentation - 1
- PDF file containing the presentation slides.
Kandel (2012): Biology and the Future of Psychoanalysis
- An inspiring article by the well known Nobel laureate in Physiology of Medicine (physiological basis of memory storage in neurons) on challenges and possibilities in psychoanalysis.
Shedler (2010): Efficacy of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- A very readable article that examines psychotherapy evidence base and methods employed in psychodynamic and other therapies. It also gives a flavour of theoretical battles that are an unfortunate reality- often seen when claims to evidence base are subtly (mis)used.
Tavistock Adult Depression Study (TADS)
- A Lay summary of Tavistock Adult Depression Study . This is a short overview of the study results, also giving a very concise overview of the study methods and psychoanalytic therapy as such. Its value is in its brevity (think executive summaries).
- Fonagy, Peter, Felicitas Rost, Jo-anne Carlyle, Susan McPherson, Rachel Thomas, R. M. Pasco Fearon, David Goldberg, and David Taylor. 2015. Pragmatic Randomized Controlled Trial of Long-Term Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression: The Tavistock Adult Depression Study (TADS) . World Psychiatry 14 (3): 312–21.